Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dallin's First Birthday!!!!

We finally have internet!!! I now realize how much I like having the internet and cable. Since we finally have internet, I decided to catch up a little bit. My favorite event this past couple of weeks was Dallin’s first birthday. I can’t believe he is now ONE!!! Sometimes it feels like he just joined our family, and other times it feels like he has been with us forever. It is amazing how fast they grow up.

Dallin when he was just ONE DAY!

We started off his birthday celebration by opening his presents. He was pretty good at opening the first couple of presents, but then he decided it was more fun to eat the paper. Dallin got castle playground, basketball hoop, Sports Ball Pit with lots of balls, a CAT dump truck full of legos that he pushes all around, a guitar, tunnel, books, clothes and lots of other little things.

DAllin is obsessed with glasses/sunglasses probably just like every other baby. So, we bought him some fake, cheap sunglasses. He thought they were pretty cool. I was surprised he left them on as long as he did. He had a lot of fun wearing them.

After opening and playing with his presents for a little bit, we did the whole cake and ice cream part. At first he really didn’t know what to think of the cake/candle, but once he got his first taste of the icing, he was a fan!! He got the cake and ice cream all over, and was pretty mad when he had to get it all cleaned off. Dallin took a bath right after since he had it all over and in his hair.

DAllin didn't really know what to think of the candle.

Dallin was pretty upset when we wouldn't give him more.

Here are some other random pictures from his birthday. There were just so many cute pictures, I had a hard time just putting a couple.


The last present he received was a bike trailer. He really wanted his own bike, but his little legs couldn’t reach the pedals on any of the bikes. Dallin loves going for rides in his trailer.

3 comments:

Heather Dayton said...

Wow-he got a LOT of presents. I bet he was loving it! :) I can't believe how big he is compared to that picture of when he was brand new...so crazy!

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

how fun! I can't believe it's already been a year ... ahhhh! :) How fun to open all the fun toys and that he's getting old enough to actually "play" with things and have fun! Cute, CUte

Anonymous said...

steph i like reading your little blogs it has been a while since we talked i think that ill call you tomorrow

ryan