Monday, September 12, 2011

"Camping"

Dallin really wanted to go camping this past weekend, but Alyssa is teething and not sleeping well AND it was supposed to rain all night. So we tried to make it a fun night. We went "hiking" at one of the nature parks by our house. It did sprinkle on us for most of the walk, but it was still lots of fun. Dallin loved to throw rocks into the water. Isn't he so handsome!
He liked climbing on the rocks.
Alyssa loved the flowers.
I love how Alyssa bounces when she runs. She is losing it a little and actually running, but here is a video of it....I will miss her bouncy runs.

She also loves going backwards.

Then we went home and "roasted" marshmallows on the stove.
Dallin thought they were good.
Alyssa didn't like them but enjoyed eating the big marshmallows.
Then we let Dallin sleep in his tent in his room. He thought it was awesome! We all read books and stuff before bedtime. It was kind of a tight fit.
Alyssa loved playing in the tent.
Dallin sleeping away with all of his dogs.


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Very cute! I loved your video of Alyssa and her bouncy run. I remember when Sam used to run that way--not anymore though. And I'm impressed Dallin actually slept in his tent--I think my child would have ended up in the bed eventually:)

Heather Dayton said...

So cute! What a fun thing to do to make up for the camping trip. Alyssa's running and walking backwards is adorable. :)

Carrie Wood said...

Could you email me these fun ideas beforehand so I can do them, too? Caleb talked about Dallin at preschool this week - he told them about his friend he says funny words with who moved to Joliet! We hope you're coming back. :)