I finally took some pictures off of my camera today, so I thought I would post some pictures! This might end of being a boring and really long post. We closed on our house on Friday, Feb 3rd. We got home, took lots of before pictures and then the real work began. It's so weird/exciting to finally be in a house that we bought. I will get to the painting in a minute. The people that lived there before us had 2 dogs and a cat, and I am pretty sure they never really cleaned. Jeff cleaned the carpets the day after we closed, which helped but I still smell a little dog so carpet will be replaced eventually. The kitchen was left really nasty. Along with all the painting Jeff's sister did, she also cleaned the nasty kitchen and bathrooms for me. I am forever thankful for everything she did for us.

We honestly could not have accomplished what we did without the help from Jeanna! She was awesome. Her and Jeff painted 2 rooms and then her husband and I joined them on the 3rd bedroom. We got the 3 bedrooms upstairs painted before Monday when our moving truck came to deliver our stuff.
This is the baby's room -a dark brown room. We are painting everything upstairs a tan color. It made this room look so much better and bigger. It also helped getting rid of their nasty curtains. Here's the before...
And the after. The master and other room were white, but we painted them all this same color. I don't have any after pictures I guess, so there's 2 more rooms like this one :) This pictures was taken around midnight, so it's even brighter during the day.
This past weekend, Jeff and I painted the living room. It took us forever with the windows, fireplace and all the doors in the entry way. The kids "helped" which made it take even longer, but they were so happy to be helping.
Both kids thought it would be great to paint with boots on...
They were so happy to put on their painting shirt. So happy that they had to give each other a great big hug :)
Alyssa was great at putting her hand in what she had just painted...
Dallin's favorite part was getting to use the roller! He just thought that was the coolest thing. Dallin painted pretty much the whole time until we got to the last coat. Then we didn't let him help because he liked to make tornado designs...
Here is proof that Jeff and I helped. Dallin took the fuzzy picture of me...I only have 7 weeks left so yes, I am huge looking.

Here is the room all primed and ready to go.
The camera really does not do these rooms justice. The people had painted the living room/kitchen a dark grey color. It looked terrible with the trim in the house, and it made the house feel really dark and small. I love the color we painted it, and I think it looks sooooo much better. I am glad we got the living room done.
The before color that was everywhere. It doesn't look nearly as dark in this pictures as it does in person. We also changed out all their blinds since their dogs chewed them all up/were completely covered in animal hair.
The after:



There is still so much to paint. The kitchen, bathrooms, a big red wall in the basement, and the bedroom and bathroom in the basement as well. We will also be changing the layout in the kitchen with more cupboards and new countertops. As we do more, I am sure I will be posting more pictures. Hopefully we can get a lot of it done before the baby comes, but we will see :)

We honestly could not have accomplished what we did without the help from Jeanna! She was awesome. Her and Jeff painted 2 rooms and then her husband and I joined them on the 3rd bedroom. We got the 3 bedrooms upstairs painted before Monday when our moving truck came to deliver our stuff.
This is the baby's room -a dark brown room. We are painting everything upstairs a tan color. It made this room look so much better and bigger. It also helped getting rid of their nasty curtains. Here's the before...
Both kids thought it would be great to paint with boots on...
The before color that was everywhere. It doesn't look nearly as dark in this pictures as it does in person. We also changed out all their blinds since their dogs chewed them all up/were completely covered in animal hair.
2 comments:
Looks great! I like the lighter color a lot better-brightens up the house, and I'm sure makes it look bigger (though that's hard to see in pictures.) And you're a nicer mom than me, letting your kids help. When we painted our house (and by we, I mean mostly Darrin-you're more adventurous in pregnancy than I), we tried to do it after Sam was in bed, because she was constantly leaning against the paint. I like your kids' painting boots though:) Very cute.
So fun! I can't wait to get my hands on my own house and start having fun painting and designing! Looks like you guys are keeping busy. I'm glad you have family around to help you out so you don't end up stressing yourself out with that baby about to come! Good luck ... it looks great!
Post a Comment